At Achievers, our software delivers a powerful new way for companies to engage, align, and recognize employees enabling remarkable business success. Every day.
We hire ambitious professionals who thrive on their entrepreneurial spirit and want to Change the Way the World Works. As Achievers employees, we are passionate about disruptive technology, welcome constant change, and understand the value of employee success in the workplace. We enjoy coming to work every day because we believe in our product and L.O.V.E. our culture. Achievers is more than just a software company; we are industry leaders in the HR space. For more information, please visit: http://www.achievers.com/careers
About the Opportunity
We’re looking for a seasoned Mobile Developer looking to take on a leadership role at an amazing organization. As our Mobile Team Lead, you will be guiding a highly skilled team of both iOS and Android Developers to build complex but dependable apps so slick, beautiful, and userfriendly that it pains our users to put their phones down. You will be hands on at the code level, participate in high level architecture and design decisions and work closely with our Product team to ensure the end-user experience of our Mobile Platforms is second to none!
Why work with us?
• We’re a fun-loving, passionate, and highly collaborative team
• We believe in moving quickly, failing fast, and adapting to change
• We’re committed to achieving technical excellence in everything we do
• We value team work, learning from failure and innovation.
Why we’d want to work with you?
• You have an undying passion for building world-class software
• You are an inspiring leader and believe in coaching and serving your teams
• You have experience supporting agile teams and are familiar with Scrum and Kanban
• You’re positive thinking, solution focused and find opportunities instead of problems
• You have superb technical chops, but you’re always striving to improve
• You believe software should be just as beautiful on the inside as it is on the outside
• You are willing to hustle, get in the weeds and will not rest until the job is done.
What you’ll do
• Design, develop, and maintain the software and systems that drive our native apps
• Extend our platform by researching and applying new technologies to solve business problems
• Help steer the direction of our products by collaborating with our Product, UX, and Development teams
• Work directly with the iOS and Android development teams providing technical guidance around the nuances of building scalable, secure, and robust solutions
• Understand technical complexity across the entire stack with the ability to determine and communicate cross functional requirements
• Establish timelines and influence the evolution of practices to support achievement of business and technical goals
• Break down large scale features into iterative increments that allow value delivery quickly and regularly
• Support an environment where learning, growth, and collaboration are important cultural values
• Context switch regularly between planning, coding, reviewing code, and coaching developers
Do you have what it takes? What we’re looking for:
• B.Sc. or Masters in Computer Science or related field
• Excellent problem-solving abilities
• You’ve led cross discipline development teams (iOS, Android, Web)
• 3+ years in Objective-C and Java
• 1+ years in Swift
• 3+ years building native iOS and Android apps
• 3+ years building web applications / RESTful APIs
• Familiar with popular architectural patterns (MVC, MVP, MVVM, Clean, AC) and can guide teams through best practices
• Familiar with Kanban or other Agile methodology
• Worked in a CI environment where most of the testing is automated
• Built enterprise applications where quality, security, scale, and performance are critical
• Working with technical and non-technical stakeholders to align priorities and expectations
This is your chance to be part of an exceptional team of people and contribute to an environment where innovation and initiative are encouraged and rewarded. If you love a challenge, share our "work hard/play hard" mentality, are passionate about the impact you make on a business, thrive on change, and continuously strive for excellence in all that you do, apply for a position with us today! For more information visit http://www.achievers.com/careers
Only qualified candidates will be contacted directly.
Achievers is committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.